Views
Helpful
Replies

migrate configuration from VPN 3000 to ASA

arturo.reyna
Level 1
Level 1

Hi:

I planning to migrate my old VPN 3000 users to an FW ASA, do you know if there is a tool to transfer my configuration in a transparent way to my users?

Thank you.

2 Replies 2

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Arturo,

Im not aware of any tools available to export local users database from vpn concentrator to ASA applience, however, a good approache in this type of migration scenario is to integrate IAS Radius and authenticate your users through active directory on your ASA when configuring RA, if you have special users that are not part of your AD domain accounts and that require local user account you could create a second RA tunnel for these type of users and have them authenticate through LOCAL users database in ASA. All this can be done transparently meaning you could have the VPN3000 and ASA firewall both running in parallel for RA until the implementation on ASA is complete.

Rgds

-Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

There is no conversion tool that I'm aware of.

However you can have a look at the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa72/vpn3000_upgrade/upgrade/guide/migrate.html

Regards

Farrukh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: