Attendant Console unable to change MAC address

Unanswered Question
Jun 14th, 2008
User Badges:

Hi there,

I'm having a problem with attendant Console that's rather annoying and i'm unable to get it to work!

When I attempt to connect using the software the sw returns the error "Not a valid device. Specify another device", and I find that I don't get an option to select anything other than the Person_DeviceProfile rather than the MAC address of the phone they are logged on to. I also found that in the xml file under the data folder in Windows gets populated with Person_DeviceProfile too - but overwriting this with the MAC address of the phone has no effect.

Interestingly enough is that if I were to log out of EM, and use the extension number of the logged out phone in Attendant Console, it works fine and as expected. It's as if the Device Profile has no concept of access to the phone.

So far I have made sure that all devices are associated with the ac user; I have associated the physical phone with the End user (as well as the device profile obviously), and also done the usual uninstall/install of sw and restart of services.

Version is CallManager 6.

Any other suggestions? Much appreciated!

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
nowcommsupport Sat, 06/14/2008 - 02:40
User Badges:

More (interesting) symptoms:

For example, if the logged off phone's extension is 5700, and the DN of the EM profile is 5800. If I log on to the phone using EM, and then search for the phone in CallManager using extension number 5800, the phone isn't found. If I search for phones where DN is 5700, I find the phone - is this normal behavior?

Thanks!

nowcommsupport Mon, 06/16/2008 - 01:48
User Badges:

Hey there,

Thanks for the input.

We aren't using Hunt pilots at all in this instance and there is no distribution logic. The call should come durectly to the user's extension and the ac is able to control the line and distribute out the calls.

I read through the SRND and made sure the EM profile was logged in before starting AC - to no avail.

Where abouts is this drop down box you describe? Thanks!

Mike.

Jaime Valencia Mon, 06/16/2008 - 03:31
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

well you shouldn't be using Hunt Pilots, that's for sure. they should be pilot points.

the whole point of using the hunt group with user/line is that the calls are going to be distributed by the AC service, also big part when using EM with AC

if the configuration is not made by the book there is no way we can tell if it's going to work and if you're doing something from the restrictions part from the doc that will be not supported by Cisco.

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

nowcommsupport Mon, 06/16/2008 - 04:16
User Badges:

Apologies there - wrong terminology, I meant Pilot Point not Hunt Pilot!

I have raised a case with Cisco TAC and it's been identified as a defect/bug. More information to follow.

nowcommsupport Tue, 06/17/2008 - 17:25
User Badges:

We soon discovered two other bugs that were supposedly fixed in previous versions of CUCM.

We found the following bugs other than the one described here, in version 6.0.1.3000-7:

- Adding a new device profile to CUCM causes ccm.exe to hang. Symptoms include phones refusing to register correctly when logging in/out of EM, and CFWD all not responding.

- Device profile Service URL is being overwritten by the actual devices' SURL. The symptom presents itself as the service URL that was being shown on the phone when the phone is EM logged out can still be seen when the phone has been logged into EM.

All three bugs were fixed when Cisco TAC provided us with patch UCOS_ES_6.0.1.3103-1

Actions

This Discussion