Views
Helpful
Replies

RightFax configuration steps

dbenattou
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

i have installed right fax, and i want to have all the steps to configure it and to integrate it with exchange.How can i do that ?

Please help me.

thnaks at advance.

3 Replies 3

Hi,

Never done this, but not sure if you did wen't through the following odc -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/fax_server/90/faxdocs.html#wp1074574

-> Sushil

marcobrugge
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

My name is Marco Brugge responsible for Cisco Fax Server within Cisco.

First thing what kind of Cisco Fax server version do you have:

Version 9.0 or 9.3?

What type of Cisco Fax server do you have?

Business server or Enterprise Server

With the exchange integration (2003 / 2007) you need to be aware that we have to do a minor schema update to allow users to send faxes from outlook.

If they only want to receive faxes in their inbox then they do not need the exchange connector.

For more info on how to install it contact me directly but basicly you need to install the connector on the exchange server and the exchange gateway on the cisco fax server but you need to have the license to enable the exchange gateway on the Cisco Fax server.

Let me know if you have additional questions.

Regards,

Marco

Hi, I am David Rivera and I am trying to do an integration of a RigthFax Server 9.4 with MSE 2003 spanish language. I did all the steps related on the Microsoft Exchange Module Guide ver. 9.0 but the service in the Fax server an over the Exchange still stoped. And when I try to start it, both servers send the same mesage "The rightfax E-mail Gateway module service on local computer started an then stoped. Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do"

Could you help me please. Is very urgent to me becouse I need to migrate many analog fax services to the RightFax next Saturday.

thanks in advance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: