cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Polycom IP Station 4000 as third party SIP Phone in CCM 5.1

satish rawat
Level 1
Level 1

i wanted to integrate polycom IP Station 4000 SIP phone with CCM 5.1,my current setup has unified CCM with unity.

it seems i have to create a end user to have this phone working but with unified IPT, my system doenst allow me to add a end user as its importing the users from my AD.

need to know the exact process on how to create this end user for third party sip phone and associate it with the phone device, are there any more places where some programming is required

pls advise

1 Reply 1

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

There should not be any problem in registering the Ip 4000 as a third party sip phone to the call manager. In order to find the device entry in the CallManager database, the phone must be identified by the HTTP digest user ID. Therefore, CallManager challenges the register to get the Authorization header containing the digest user ID. This happens for all 3rd-party phones regardless of whether the SIP Phone Security Profile is configured with digest authorization. The digest user ID must be configured as an End User in the database and associated with the device in the Digest User field of the Phone Configuration page. Also note that each user ID can be associated with only one device when used for 3rd-party configuration.