Views
Helpful
Replies

Brand new Unity 5.0 install question

shikamarunara
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I'm getting ready to deploy Unity 5.0 to move our 4.2 users to. It will be on an MCS 7825H2, I installed fromt the Platform Configuration Disc and everything seemed to install fine except that, after the image installed on the server and rebooted I started getting an error saying "At lease one service or drive failed during system startup. Use the event viewer to examine the event log for details." Trouble is, there's nothing in the event log indicating any problems. All automatic services have come up, there are no problems with devices in Device Manager, nothing. Very troubling. As this will be the primary Unity server in a redundant voice mail system I would like to make absolutely certain that all issues are fixed before goes into production. Can anyone tell me if they've seen this problem with the Platform Configuration disc on this model server?

Also, nothing has been installed on the server (past the Platform Configuration Disc and running CUSPA. This issue started right after the OS installation.

-Shikamaru

8 Replies 8

sposte
Level 1
Level 1

I'd recheck system log to see if a service failed to start.

Check services for any automatic service which failed to start.

Check the C: 12 gig partition and D: 60(?)gig are created.

Check disk management utility for the RAID or the ATA controller is mirroring the drives.

kinwai
Level 1
Level 1

is it something to do with "performance monitor" corruption issue?

I've never heard of this. Can you elaborate?

-Shikamaru

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I remember this, but I think it goes away eventually. Do a couple more reboots. But if you are getting a error at the log in screen, it should show what it is in the Event Logs of Windows. Install Unity and see if they go away. I think they do if I recall, but not certain

Yeah, that's the problem. It's not showing up in the event logs. I'm guessing (or hoping that the error goes away after the Unity install. I guess we'll see. If you happen to remember any more details about this, please let me know.

-Shikamaru

shikamarunara
Level 4
Level 4

Figured out the problem. I was using a USB mouse and keyboard for the installation and it was causing problems. Moved to a PS2 mouse and keyboard, problem went away.

-Shikamaru

Hi Shikamaru,

Hope all is well my friend! Thanks for posting back with your resolution to this issue. +5 points for this kind follow-up.

Take care,

Rob

Yeaahaa! Thanks, Rob :)

-Shikamaru

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: