Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 5.0 - Some users getting offline conversation

sposte
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Unity 5.0 in unified messaging installation with Exchange 2003,

A handful of users are getting the offline conversation. They import ok and the system does not throw an error when the user attempts to access their mailbox via phone, but they get the offline prompt.

They can only get to their offline messages which are piling up in the message queue folder.

These users are on same exchange server and on the same message store as users with no problems.

Is there a way to check mailstore access for an individual account by Unity? All the AD permissions for these users look identical to good users.

Thanks,

Scott

4 Replies 4

Tray Stoutmeyer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What do you mean by the offline conversation? I am assuming you are talking about the UMR conversation. What is Unity saying to them? I am assuming it tells them the Exchange server is offline but that they can check new messages. Is this right? What offline messages are you speaking of and what message queue folder? I am assuming you are stating that their messages are in the UnityMTA (the UMR) folder on Unity. I would make sure these users aren't in an OU that isn't inheriting and make sure their individual accounts are inheriting permissions. If they aren't, then Unity has no rights on their accounts which could cause this. Make sure UnityMsgStoreSvc account is listed as having rights on their AD account.

Tray

If what Tray suggested is not the solution then you might check to see if the subscibers are in the same mailstore and if that mailstore is mounted. If that mailstore is not and others are that may be the issue.

rlp

Also on that note, make sure, if the users with the problem are all on a seperate mailstore, make sure Permissions Wizard was run and included those stores on the Choose Mailstores portion.

Tray

Let me know on the solution for the same i am facing the same problem

on ipcc4u@gmail.com

Thank & Regards

Shahnawaz

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: