cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Intercom Speed Dial

johnson.matt
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. I need assistance in figuring out how to set a speed dial to call an intercom DN. To simplify things for the end user, I am using their regular DN as their intercom DN.

Thank you in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I just tested this set up in CUCM 6.1, sorry I cant test in your version Matt. Hopefully this will work.

When you program the Intercom Directory Number on the available line key (after modifying the button items, add Intercom), there is a SPEED DIAL option within the "Edit Line Appearance". I set mine to the other Intercom dn. It totally works!!!

I hope this makes sense and helps Matt. Good luck!

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CUCM? CME? version?

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Sorry, I forgot that important detail.

CUCM 6.01

Good morning,

You need to create the Intercom Route Pattern and Calling Search Space, then the Intercom Directory Number. You would then assign the IDNs to an available line key on their phones. They need to be unique for each phone, but can be the same as their DNs.

Here's a link for the 6.0.1 Admin Guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_0_1/ccmcfg/bccmbk.html

That should get you through the process.

GL and HTH

~ Liz

Okay - Big mistake on my part...

I realized you were looking for a Speed Dial, not help programming the Intercom key itself.

Sorry!!!

That is correct. I have the intercom feature working fine. I need to figure out how to use a line key to dial another intercom.

Thanks!

Hi Matt,

Just to add a note to the great info from Liz (+5 points for these excellent tips)

Can't you configure a "Pre-Defined Target" from I/C User A to I/C User B? So that when A presses this I/C buttom User B is called automatically? This will require a seperate Line Button :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

I just tested this set up in CUCM 6.1, sorry I cant test in your version Matt. Hopefully this will work.

When you program the Intercom Directory Number on the available line key (after modifying the button items, add Intercom), there is a SPEED DIAL option within the "Edit Line Appearance". I set mine to the other Intercom dn. It totally works!!!

I hope this makes sense and helps Matt. Good luck!

Thanks Liz. I had done that, but, I was curious as to whether or not using a standard speed dial was possible and from the research that I have done, there doesn't seem to be a way to accomplish that.

Thanks for your efforts!

MJ

You're welcome. Sorry it won't work with a standard speed dial, but the good news is, you're still using one PLK. Most of the users at my company have 7941, so PLKs are prime real estate.

Have a great day!

Liz:

Actually, that kind of fixed the issue...

That will only allow me to call that intercom. What happens when I need to dial someone else? Also, the user (which happens to be the CIO) needs to be able to call others via a "touch of a button". When I add another IDN to the phone (my phone for test) I get an error: Update failed. Could not insert new row - duplicate value in a UNIQUE INDEX column.

The first way I can think to fix it is to assign him two more IDN's so he can call these people...probably not the text book way of fixing it...any suggestions?

Thanks!

Glad that helped get you closer Matt. I have two ideas.

1) The owner of our company wants the same, touch of a button connection to almost everyone. I used 2 side cars (7914) on his 7971 and everyone he needs gets a BLF SD.

He gets some presence information, if they are on a call the button is red, and SD to each DN.

2) The other option, using IDN, would still need PLKs for each IDN. You'd need to set up unique IDNs between him and each person. The good news is it's seemless to him. Bad news, more work for you.

You can set the Line Text Label to something like, John Doe, instead of the IDN. The IDNs would probably be confusing and would drive our big guy crazy.

Let me know what you think or if this works for you. This is fun!

Liz:

I agree, I think creating new IDN's is really the only option. He has a 7971 so he has a few PLK's to spare. I will do this for him until he complains of not having enough buttons...then it is side car time for him!

Thanks for all of your help! :-)

Excellent!  Works the same way on 7.x.  Was staring me in the face the entire time!

Thanks for the 5 points Rob! A late congrats on your new STAR!!!

~ Liz

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: