Views
Helpful
Replies

Lighting a light (ring flasher)

honniesr
Level 1
Level 1

All,

We are interested in looking to light a light/flasher when calls have been in the call too long.

These flashers are analog devices that hang off an ATA. To make it flash, you call the number assigned to the port.

I've been trying to use the "Place Call" function, and the call goes right to unsuccessful. We've used the same number in a call consult function as a test, and it worked fine.

We're on Express 5.0(2)_Build064

Thank you in advance.

Robert

2 Replies 2

honniesr
Level 1
Level 1

ok..I'm a noob on setting up the call. I misunderstood what the "Call Control Group ID" was for. I had set it to the ID of the application, not the CTI ports. DOH!

However, the call will stay on that step until the call is answered or times out. This won't work for us long term :(

We need the flasher to ring while the logic continues through the script :(

Any ideas?

Thanks again,

Robert

just got it to work. Not sure if it is best practice....

Instead of using place call, I am using consult transfer.

I am using this in place of the Call Hold, Delay, and Call unhold functions.

On the consult transfer portion, any errors (busy, invalid, timeout, or unsuccessful) jumpes to the call hold section (Call Hold, Delay, and Call unhold).

Seems to be working, but I'm nervous for the problems that we're not anticipating.

Thanks,

Robert

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: