cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

A strange one...Calling party redirects to one person....

hellspire69_2
Level 1
Level 1

A employer within my company is having a problem whereby, they dial an extension or external number, but there phone always dials the same extension internally for no reason.. any ideas are welcomed on this one.

20 Replies 20

egrinkin1
Level 1
Level 1

Did you check the partition and calling search space?

Sounds like the phone is set up for PLAR. With PLAR any time you go off hook a specified extension is dialed for you. Typically security or another 24 manned extension.

HTH

jvweigand
Level 1
Level 1

You should also be able to use the Dialed Number Analyzer tool for that user's phone to see exactly what's happening.

Its definetly not plar but it is exactly the same sort of thing as PLAR except its very random an choose one person an keeps on Dialing them.. CSS are all correct as per the whole company nothing has changed, as i said really strange an random..

I have checked the DNA, shows no evidence of mis-direction as of yet..

This might be too simple, but is there a stuck Speed Dial button?

I also thought of that.. unfortunately it isnt that simple ;)

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Daniel,

Sounds like a bug. Can you provide the CCM Version, IP Phone model and Phone Firmware.

Thanks,

Rob

CCM 4.2, its a 7941 SCCP41.8-3-2S

Kid Dynamite
Level 1
Level 1

Is it just the one handset that does it?

A bit of a stab in the dark but I have noticed a lot of random issues (Not hanging up, dropping calls, transferring to wrong numbers, screen freezing, re-booting themselves) with 7960 where they do odd things now and then and have had to be replaced.

If it is just that one handset in the office... I would try swapping it over with a new one and seeing if the problem persists.

I totally agree. I was thinking maybe the first softkey is sticking, since the number the set dials keeps changing and it's not a stuck SD.

You'd go off hook and the first softkey is redial. Maybe the issue? If there's a bug, I'm sure Rob will find it!

gmorrow
Level 1
Level 1

Have you tried to delete the phone and re-add it back in Call Manager?

It was two handsets, but the other one just decided to stop doing it after i threw it around the room two or three times.. ;) its only the one at the moment as the other seems to be ok now... In response to ya last comment... I could delete the phone an totally reset everything, but i would rather find out what the route course is.. ^_^

go rob!! :)

Hi Daniel/Liz,

I spent a few hours last night looking for Bugs in either the CCM version or Phone firmware and came up empty (sorry:(

The only Bug even close had to do with cleared "Call History" lists dialing the last empty entry but this doesn't sound like the issue here. I'm guessing that a reset of the offending phone via CCM will clear the problem.

Hope this helps, again, sorry that I couldn't find a definitive answer.

Rob

Thanks so much Rob very much appreciated! its a shame we cant come to the bottom of this one but hey ho! Ill just delete the phone from CCM an redo everything in the vein hope it corrects the issue.. :) once again thanks everyone for their input.

Dan

Hi Dan,

You are most welcome my friend! Before you delete/reinstall the IP Phone. Can you try a reset via ccmadmin. If that doesn't work then perhaps an actual disconnect will.

I am still determined to find out the answer to this issue. What exact 4.2 version are you running (with SR's)?

Take care and I hope that you don't have to resort to the proverbial "telephone torture test" here for this ;-)

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: