cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extra fast/ethernet port on 2610 router?

lifeforce4
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking for a way to add an extra ethernet port on my 2610. What i have read is making me wonder if the only way to do this would be the NM-1E or NM-4E. Are there any other modules or WICs that would give me an fast/ethernet port?

Thanks,

Kyle

6 Replies 6

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can add anyone of the following; NM-16ESW, NM-16ESW-PWR, NM-16ESW-1GIG, but you need IOS 12.2(8)T or later.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/routers/ps259/product_data_sheet09186a00801aca3e.html

Hope that helps

Thank you for the post, I was trying to avoid the switches because of the price. I already have a catalyst and really just need an extra Ethernet port on the router to go from the modem to switch.

Kyle

If you already have a Catalyst switch, and if it and the 2600 can support VLAN trunks, you might be able configure multiple logical interfaces on the 2600's Ethernet interface and use another physical port off the Catalyst to connect to the modem.

Oh yeah.. I did not even think of doing a router on a stick setup. Thanks for the advice I will try that when I get home tonight.

Thanks for all the other replies as well, I was getting confused about what I was reading.

Kyle

Hi Kyle,

Unfortunately there are no WICs available for extra ethernet interface apart from teh NMs.

-> Sushil

Hi,

NM-2FE2W & NM-1FE2W

is one which is supported by the new model 2691. Since 2610 is end of line cisco will not support it.

If possible you can try inserting if you have a spare. May be it would work. Its on your own risk.

Below is the link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps259/product_data_sheet0900aecd800fa5be.html

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Pravin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card