Views
Helpful
Replies

How to change Agent state remot in IPCC

Mike-1985
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all.

I was wondering if there is a way to change an agents state (ready/not ready) via a XML message or something simular.

I would like to create an integrated function within a webapplication which is able to change an agent state.

Hope someone knows...

Thanks in advance!

Michiel

3 Replies 3

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

If you look at the IP Phone service that the agents use, you'll see what request has to be made to do just that (I don't have access to a system right now so I can't give you the specifics).

Thanks for your answer!

I looked at the xml and http requests which change the agent state. But when I logon Phone Agent on my IP Phone and want to change my state via my pc it shows and error.

Something like "agent is logged in on an other IP".

So I cannot change an agents state from an other ip adress of which the agent has logged in.

An option would be so send a Excecute XML to the phone containing the url for changing the agents state.

But then the phone will also display the response of this request. And I dont want that.

Any other options?

How about this: You send a CiscoIPPhoneExecute which goes to another page which does what you need to be done, and the result of that call being an Init:App (or Application?) call so the app is closed again.

With the latest firmware you also have the application identifiers so you can close just the application with the appropriate ID and leaving the agent application running.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: