cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pix 501 vpn

scramer13
Level 1
Level 1

I am tyring to use the vpn wizard through pdm to setup a vpn between two schools but I am getting crypto erros. I do not have to use the wizard but thought it would be easier. Each site has a pix 501. They both provide dhcp. The inside address of the first is 192.168.1.1 and the second is 192.168.20.1. How do I setup a vpn between the two.

5 Replies 5

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

If I understadn correctly your post They both provide dhcp do you mean they get dhcp assigment for PIX outside interface from ISP? if this is the case at least one side of the tunnel must have static IP address on the outside interface if going over the internet, this way you can implement L2L one side with Static and one side Dynamic. Is there any chance that one side can have statiic public IP address on their firewall outside interface?

Rgds

-Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

Sorry I wasn't clear. They both have a static IP address on the outside card that I got from our ISP. On the inside both pix act as a dhcp server.

Okay I did that step by step at each pix and now in the pdm it shows a 1 in both ike and ipsec under the vpn section. But now how do I browse to the other network from the other? I am able to ping both outside ip addresses but not anything on the inside and I can not access anything on the inside of the other. Thanks for your help.

Okay where I set now I appear to be having some type of dns issue. From my network that has internal ip 192.168.1.x I can ping the other networks internal computers. I can open up explorer and type \\192.168.20.3\apps$

(which is the apps folder on the DC) and get access to it. But I cannot do it by the computers name.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card