cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISDN

kolawole1
Level 1
Level 1

I have a cisco 2800 series router with 1 E1 adapter(2 ports but one used).Could i use this card to set up an isdn connection using 30 channels.If not which card can i use?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

As mentioned above, VWIC or VWIC2.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Which specific card do you have? I'm assuming you want to setup voice connectivity?

Brandon

The card reference is NM-2CE1T1-PRI.Please advise me if it is supported.

Thank you

we already have tables on that, have you reviewed them????

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps5854/ps5882/product_data_sheet0900aecd8016fa68.pdf

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I could not open this link.

In fact i would like to set up vocal banking using an isdn connection (30 channels).I would like to know if the NM-CE1T1-PRI could do this.

Hi, you need VWIC or VWIC2 card with a PVDM2-32 for a full E1 voice PRI.

You cannot use the NM-CE1T1-PRI for voice.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

In fact i would like to set up vocal banking using an isdn connection (30 channels).I would like to know if the NM-CE1T1-PRI could do this.

Hello what I'm trying to tell you is that the NM-1CE1T1-PRI does not support voice and you need a VWIC or VWIC2 card, plus a PVDM2-32.

As a recognition to those providing answers, please rate useful posts with the scrollbox below!

I saw a table describing the card as 1-port Channelized E1/T1/ISDN PRI network module.This means that the card can support ISDN.Isn't it?

As mentioned above, it supports ISDN PRI for DATA, but not ISDN PRI for VOICE.

For voice compatibility, you have to look at different tables like:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_tech_note09186a00800e73f6.shtml

Ok i suggest you take a look a this table too.

What is the reference of the VWIC card you mentionned?

The document is about DATA pri. For VOICE you need VWIC, note the V that means VOICE support.

Thanks a lot.So what specific card do you recommend for isdn voice and data at the same time?

As mentioned above, VWIC or VWIC2.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: