cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

mwi not going on for all subscribers

whanson
Level 2
Level 2

Unity 5.0 unified with exchange. Have issue with mwi light not coming on. Cisco tac says the issue is in exchange not in Unity. Does anyone have ideas on where to look at what is going wrong? Seems to be related to a specfic message store.

6 Replies 6

tim.giles
Level 4
Level 4

I would re-run the permissions wizard across all exchange servers and mailstores. Make sure to manually re-sync MWI afterwards and wait 10-15 for results...

chris.fortner
Level 1
Level 1

Did this help?

Chris,

Fraid not. I misstated the issue. What happens is that all of a sudden some of the subcribers do not get the mwi even though they have messages popping up in their outlook. You reset the mwi for the subscriber and it goes away for awhile then comes back. It is quite maddening. Cisco says it is exchange but there is nothing I can find that is special. It is CM6 Unity 5 and Exchange enterprise 2003. I can run the permissions wizard but it appears that it has all of the required permissions.

Ok, you mentioned it only affects some of the subscribers, I'm guessing this isn't a problem for everyone?

If this is the case, is there any correlation between the mailstores that these particular people are in (i.e. are they in different mailstores/mailservers to people that MWI works for?)?

If so, check the permissions in Exchange and manually add/edit the relevant Unity service accounts if necessary.

I have had to do this before for MWI...

Please rate if useful.....

Ok, you mentioned it only affects some of the subscribers, I'm guessing this isn't a problem for everyone?

If this is the case, is there any correlation between the mailstores that these particular people are in (i.e. are they in different mailstores/mailservers to people that MWI works for?)?

If so, check the permissions in Exchange and manually add/edit the relevant Unity service accounts if necessary.

I have had to do this before for MWI...

Please rate if useful.....

My suggestion is to first check to see if the users with the problem are all located in the same mailstore or server if more than one. If not then this is not the problem.

If so then move one user mailbox to a store that is working and test.

Then you will know if there is a problem with that mailstore or server.

hope this helps

rlp

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: