Views
Helpful
Replies

Syslog Analyzer :standard report

sameoj1881
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

1.The syslog analyzer on my RME application is not working.What should i do to make it work.

2.The number of unmanageable devices discovered is more than manageable devices discovered.

3. How do i fine tune LMS 3.0 applications installed in a multiservers environment to work as expected.

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Each of these questions deserve a separate thread. I'll address the first one since that's what the subject covers.

Exactly what version of RME are you using, and what do you mean by the syslog analyzer is not working? What error messages do you get? Please post a screenshot which illustrates your problem.

The syslog anaylzer ought to show you if there is a modification in the config of the device it is managing,right?

I added a config to one of the devices the RME discovered,but under the syslog analyzer it didn`t show that this device`s config was done by ...,timestamp,etc.

Please clarify,thansk.

Also please kindly,address the other issues as well.One after the other i mean,thanks,alot,cheers.

Neither of the other issues have anything to do with Syslog Analyzer, so please start a new thread for each of those, and they will be addressed there.

Assuming you are sending syslog messages from your device to RME, then, yes, RME will show a syslog message when the configuration changes. If this is not happening, you need to first make sure the syslog message is making it to the RME server. On Windows, check the syslog.log. On Solaris, check /var/log/syslog_info. If the message is there, then you need to make sure it is not being filtered out. Check your syslog message filters under RME > Tools > Syslog > Message Filters. If you have disabled or deleted all filters here, you must have the Filter Type set to KEEP.

The syslog messages is being sent from the CM using remote syslog collector,can this affect it?

RSAC works the same way. Check the remote syslog server to make sure the messages are making it to the syslog log file. Check your filters on the RME server to make sure the messages in question are not being filtered out.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: