UnityConnection User

Unanswered Question
Jun 16th, 2008

I would like to change the Display name of UnityConnection user : "Unity Connection Messaging System" and the language of this user. And when i tried to change it, i got the error message : "Object is read only."

Thank's you

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
irisrios Fri, 06/20/2008 - 06:35

After a fresh install of Unity from the CD or DVD, the EMS application will not allow recipients or monitored events to be added to it. Looking in the \Commserver\Utilities\EventMonitoringService\Database directory shows that the EMSDB.MDB file is marked read-only.

So either Upgrade to higher version or select all the files in the \Commserver\Utilities\EventMonitoringService\Database directory and remove the read-only flag from them. In Microsoft Windows this is done by right-clicking on the selected files, choosing Properties, and unchecking the checked check box next to the Read-Only flag. Click OK to apply changes.

lpaquin Fri, 06/20/2008 - 07:43

I have Unity Connection 2.1 running on linux version, do you know how make it ?

shane.orr Thu, 03/31/2011 - 17:52

I am looking for the same solution for my Unity Connection 8.5.  Did you ever figure this out?

bijin bharathan Mon, 01/02/2012 - 01:28

Did you get a solution to change the "Discplay Name"?.I have the same scenarion with unityconnection 8.6

shane.orr Mon, 01/02/2012 - 08:19

It is my understanding that this is not possible with Unity Connection.  Please pass your requirment along to your Cisco account team for a product enhancement request. 

jsteinberg Wed, 03/21/2012 - 15:42

anyone have an update on this ?

Has anyone tried to edit the display name directly in the database ?

This Discussion