Views
Helpful
Replies

UnityConnection User

lpaquin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would like to change the Display name of UnityConnection user : "Unity Connection Messaging System" and the language of this user. And when i tried to change it, i got the error message : "Object is read only."

Thank's you

Louis

6 Replies 6

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

After a fresh install of Unity from the CD or DVD, the EMS application will not allow recipients or monitored events to be added to it. Looking in the \Commserver\Utilities\EventMonitoringService\Database directory shows that the EMSDB.MDB file is marked read-only.

So either Upgrade to higher version or select all the files in the \Commserver\Utilities\EventMonitoringService\Database directory and remove the read-only flag from them. In Microsoft Windows this is done by right-clicking on the selected files, choosing Properties, and unchecking the checked check box next to the Read-Only flag. Click OK to apply changes.

I have Unity Connection 2.1 running on linux version, do you know how make it ?

Thank's

Louis

shane.orr
Level 4
Level 4

I am looking for the same solution for my Unity Connection 8.5.  Did you ever figure this out?

bijin bharathan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Did you get a solution to change the "Discplay Name"?.I have the same scenarion with unityconnection 8.6

Thanks

Bijin

It is my understanding that this is not possible with Unity Connection.  Please pass your requirment along to your Cisco account team for a product enhancement request. 

Thanks,

Shane

jsteinberg
Level 5
Level 5

anyone have an update on this ?

Has anyone tried to edit the display name directly in the database ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: