Views
Helpful
Replies

Dialing 0 from Metting Place Express

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hello Folks,

I am trying to dial 0 for the assitance but I receive a message stating " Your call could not be placed". I am pretty sure it's something about Partition/CSS but I don't seem to be able to figure it out. Here're some ditails:

MPE main number = 8800

Partition: PT-Special-Numbers

0(zero)is a translation pattern which gets transfered to 8000 for the receptionist. When I dial 8000 from the MPE it works but not the "0"

Partition:PT-Special-Numbers

CSS: CSS-Transaltion.

CSS-Translatin contains:

PT-PSTN

PT-Phones

PT-Special-Numbers

End users:

Partition: PT-Phones

CSS: CSS-Device

CSS-Device contains:

PT-Phones

PT-Special-Numbers

PT-PSTN (for outbound calls)

End users are able to dial any extensins or 10 digits number in and out to/from meeging place Express. The only option which is not working is dialing 0 for assistance. And I know it's becaue 0 is a translation Pattern but I don't understand why it's not working. Thank you all for shading some lights.

Thanks,

15 Replies 15

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Hello,

The MPE is added as a gateway or trunk in Callmanager. The inbound CSS on this gateway or the CSS set on the gateway should match the partition in which translation pattern 0 exists.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Thanks for the reply Shanky. The MPE is configured as an H.323 GW and the CCS-GW contains the PT-Special-Numbers partition which allows people to call MPE from outside. But the thing that I don't understant from your reply is what dialing the 0 from the meeting has to do with GW? I am already in the meeting and would like to dial 0 to reach the receptionist. This is an internal call and CCM will handle the call. Am I mistaken?

Think that, when you dial 0, the call should be like a transfer, and the call that dials 0 is being placed by Meetingplace Express. From Callmanager's perspective this is an inbound call placed into the system by the H323 gateway (a.k.a MPE).

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

Thanks for the detail, I understand better now. But as I told you the CSS of the GW (CSS-GW)contains the Partition (PT-Special-Numbers)in which the MPE is and that's why people are able to dial into the MPE from outside. But I don't understand wht 0 is not working.

Are end users able to dial 0 ?

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

Yes they are!!!!

So from MPX, when you dial out 0, do you hear a fast busy or Annunciator message (your call cannot be completed as dialled).

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

There's no fast busy. A message from MPE stating "Your call could not be placed. You will be sent to the meeting". The message is definitely coming from MPE.

Are you dialing 0 once you are logged into MPE or before ? Is the user allowed to dial out in MPE?

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

I dial 0 when I am already in the meeting to reach the receptionist and "Yes" the users are allowed to dial out. They're able to dial any extensions and call out through the PSTN network and all work fine. The only issue is with dialing 0. Very strange, isn't it?

Hi MK/Shanky,

I was working with someone having this same issue and he hadn't mapped where "0" is supposed to route to;

Here is the info for MPX

Step 1 Log in to Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express and click Administration.

Step 2 Click System Configuration > Usage Configuration.

Step 3 Configure the following fields:

•Dial attendant on timeout-Set this field to Yes.

•**Attendant phone-Enter the help desk or attendant phone number.

Step 4 Click Save.

Check out page 46 of this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/meetingplace/5_4/installation/planning/guide/54mppg25.pdf

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hmm, that makes sense..this may have been the problem. I will check my MPX at office and see how it is setup.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

Thank you very much Rob/Shanky. It resolved my problem.

Shanky, I appreciate your patience and

Rob, you're the best man.

Cheers,

MK

Hi MK,

You are always welcome my friend :) Glad to be of some small help here.

Take care,

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: