cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.2 Auto Attendant

kerryjudy
Level 1
Level 1

Here is an interesting scenerio: We are setting up an Auto Attendant with both Exchange (regular) users and some as Internet Subscribers. At multiple places we have VoIP phones that are shared by more than one user (one phone number). When setting up the profile for either user type the "Extension" field requires a unique number to be entered in order for the directory lookup feature to find them in the Auto Attendant. I can enter a bogus number and have it transfer to the shared phone number but then when you search for that user in Auto-Attendant it will "play" whatever the number is in the Extension field bogus or not. We have thought about setting up some groups in callmanager and having them forward to the common number but I don't see any way around having unity play out the number listed in the extension field. I have tried an empty field as it is not required but then AA won't find them listed at all... Anyone know of a workaround?

Thanks,

Kerry

1 Reply 1

chris.fortner
Level 1
Level 1

Did you check in the Unity Tools Depot - Advanced Settings Tool -

There are several options in this tool that might allow you to not say the extension number during the directory handler. This would be global though and would be for all users.