cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MWI refresh access to end user

satish rawat
Level 1
Level 1

most of my Unity issues are related to MWI not showing correct status, whenever we refresh status it resolves problem.

like all other options under ciscopca end user page in unity , can i allow end user the access to refresh MWI for their extns

my Unity is integrated with Exchange environment

pls advise how to do

any documentation

4 Replies 4

balitewiczp
Level 2
Level 2

I have my users dial the mwi off extension. takes care of most of the problems

tim.giles
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Users can only switch on/off their notifications via the 2 numbers in CallManager, unfortunately they can't re-sync anything themselves. They only option you have is to auto-sync MWI out-of-hours which you can do via "manage integrations".

Also, depending on whether you are using unified messaging, various MWI errors can come from Exchange so it may be worth re-running the permissions wizard across all mailstores

Please rate if useful....

Here is a document I use when this type of problem happens. It walks you through checking all settings for the MWI process.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/405/troubleshooting/guide/ex/tsg_0500.html

i agree with the guys, it would be more useful to find the root cause on this.

the only way to give them access would be to use the grantunityaccess but you cannot be as granular to have only permission for your subscriber page.

i like the idea of using the MWI re-sync afterhours if that does the trick and you do not want to troubleshoot this further

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate