Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity to IPCCx - what digts are passed?

hbarrera2
Level 1
Level 1

Greeting's,

I am trying to figure out what digits are being passed to the ipccx server? The following is taking place...

I am using callhandlers in Unity for my AA greeting's and when the caller presses a menu key from a callhandler with the ext of 1901, once hearing the greeting in the callhandler they press key #6, it points to a cti-rp in ccm x3150. Ext 3150 is the Trigger to a uccx application. What ext number is truly being passed to the uccx server? Is it the cti-rp's x3150, the callhandler's ext 1901 or the incoming callers personal number?

Also, in my script I am using the "Get Call Contact Info" step followed by an "if" statement, this should work correct?

9 Replies 9

Michael Owuor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Hugo,

If everything works as expected, the ANI that is passed to CRS should be that of the original caller. You might have to make sure the call handler is set up for blind transfer rather then supervised. An anomaly where the Unity DN was being sent (CSCed07235) has long been fixed.

What do you want the script to do with the ANI? With the Get Call Contact Info step, if you've defined a string variable, you can assign the calling party attribute to it in the step.

You can use reactive debugging to verify what value is actually passed as the ANI.

An If step will allow you to perform an action depending on the result of evaluating a boolean expression.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Michael.

mowuor,

Thanks for the response, Unfortunatley I cannot go off of the ANI from an outside caller. I need to be able to control it so the calls route to one of four different CSQ's in my script. I am thinkinf of applying a translation pattern in ccm to control this, what do you think?

Thanks again.

Hugo,

Yes - On the face of it, it seems a translation pattern would allow you to set the ANI. What would be the logic that determines which translation pattern/CSQ a call would be routed to?

Thanks,

Michael.

Michael,

Attached is my script it is actually quite simple I have four different CSQ's, Resource Groups, Teams from a UCCX perspective. All of the CSQ's are going to pretty much have the same queue. I just need the calls to route to the proper CSQ.

Also, from my reactive script debugs I can see that Unity is still passing the ANI of the originating caller as you described. If I call from an ext it passes the 4-digits and if I call from my cell phone it passes the full 10-digit number.

Any suggesstions?

Hugo,

Are the calls going through a translation pattern before hitting the CTI route point? Could you describe how you configured CCM to ensure the calls are routed through the TP?

Thanks,

Michael.

Michael,

Once the caller hits the menu key in (Unity CH x1901) I have it pointing to x3150 (also a sub in unity so it can recognize the digits) x3150 is the TP on ccm which translates it to x3250, but so far I am still getting the same result.

sorry x3250 is the CTI-RP. Being hit after the TP, to answer your question.

Michael,

I fixed it! I needed to use the "CalledNumber" attribute under the Get Call Contact Info step. I also wiped out the TP's and just going directly from Unity to CTI-RP and it appears to be working fine.

Cheers.

Hugo,

Thanks for the update. I didn't think of using the DNIS instead of the ANI. Makes sense! 5 points for sharing your good solution.

Cheers!

Michael.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: