C2811 Access Server with PVDM2-12DM not completing call establishment

Answered Question
Jun 16th, 2008
User Badges:

Hi experts, I have a problem with a new 2811 configured as a dial-in server using an E1 HWIC and PVDM2-12DM. The calls are answered, but it seems no IP details (neither address, nor default GW) are provided to dial-in clients. I noticed that Line Protocol doesn't come up on the Async interfaces. Calls are disconnected within a couple of minutes. I have a few ideas as to what might be the issue, but am hoping for something a little more definitive. Config and modem debug output attached.

Thanks in advance.



Correct Answer by paolo bevilacqua about 8 years 11 months ago

Hi, please configure:


network-clock-select 1 E1 0/1/0

network-clock-select 2 E1 0/0/0


Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!



  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 4.5 (2 ratings)
Loading.
Correct Answer
paolo bevilacqua Tue, 06/17/2008 - 06:41
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

    Founding Member

Hi, please configure:


network-clock-select 1 E1 0/1/0

network-clock-select 2 E1 0/0/0


Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!



r.harris Tue, 06/17/2008 - 16:27
User Badges:

Thanks Paolo,


That was one of the issues I had identified and I will certainly add those entries when I next arrange a test window. On a scale of 1 to 10, how confident are you that this is the cause?

paolo bevilacqua Wed, 06/18/2008 - 04:08
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

    Founding Member

That is the cause and you don't need a test window to apply the command. Check "show controllers E1", you're getting slips now.


Let us know.

r.harris Wed, 06/18/2008 - 14:56
User Badges:

Thanks again.


I need a test window as I need to take down a production system to test this box before it gets shipped to a remote site. Hoping to do so today or tomorrow. I will let you know how it goes.

r.harris Thu, 06/19/2008 - 18:35
User Badges:

That did the trick. Found I also needed to disable the idle-timeout on the Dialer interface as calls were being disconnected after 2 minutes. All good now.


Thanks again.

Actions

This Discussion