cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C2811 Access Server with PVDM2-12DM not completing call establishment

r.harris
Level 1
Level 1

Hi experts, I have a problem with a new 2811 configured as a dial-in server using an E1 HWIC and PVDM2-12DM. The calls are answered, but it seems no IP details (neither address, nor default GW) are provided to dial-in clients. I noticed that Line Protocol doesn't come up on the Async interfaces. Calls are disconnected within a couple of minutes. I have a few ideas as to what might be the issue, but am hoping for something a little more definitive. Config and modem debug output attached.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, please configure:

network-clock-select 1 E1 0/1/0

network-clock-select 2 E1 0/0/0

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, please configure:

network-clock-select 1 E1 0/1/0

network-clock-select 2 E1 0/0/0

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Thanks Paolo,

That was one of the issues I had identified and I will certainly add those entries when I next arrange a test window. On a scale of 1 to 10, how confident are you that this is the cause?

That is the cause and you don't need a test window to apply the command. Check "show controllers E1", you're getting slips now.

Let us know.

Thanks again.

I need a test window as I need to take down a production system to test this box before it gets shipped to a remote site. Hoping to do so today or tomorrow. I will let you know how it goes.

That did the trick. Found I also needed to disable the idle-timeout on the Dialer interface as calls were being disconnected after 2 minutes. All good now.

Thanks again.