cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C2811 Access Server with PVDM2-12DM not completing call establishment

r.harris
Level 1
Level 1

Hi experts, I have a problem with a new 2811 configured as a dial-in server using an E1 HWIC and PVDM2-12DM. The calls are answered, but it seems no IP details (neither address, nor default GW) are provided to dial-in clients. I noticed that Line Protocol doesn't come up on the Async interfaces. Calls are disconnected within a couple of minutes. I have a few ideas as to what might be the issue, but am hoping for something a little more definitive. Config and modem debug output attached.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, please configure:

network-clock-select 1 E1 0/1/0

network-clock-select 2 E1 0/0/0

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, please configure:

network-clock-select 1 E1 0/1/0

network-clock-select 2 E1 0/0/0

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Thanks Paolo,

That was one of the issues I had identified and I will certainly add those entries when I next arrange a test window. On a scale of 1 to 10, how confident are you that this is the cause?

That is the cause and you don't need a test window to apply the command. Check "show controllers E1", you're getting slips now.

Let us know.

Thanks again.

I need a test window as I need to take down a production system to test this box before it gets shipped to a remote site. Hoping to do so today or tomorrow. I will let you know how it goes.

That did the trick. Found I also needed to disable the idle-timeout on the Dialer interface as calls were being disconnected after 2 minutes. All good now.

Thanks again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: