cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SSM-20 No License Yet

ramonrodriguez
Level 1
Level 1

My vendor has not supplied my license for my SSM-20 in our ASA 5520s and i would like to enable the module. Can I enable it in detect/alert mode only and just not have the latest signatures or will it even allow me to do that? The signatures are only a couple months out of date.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Farrukh Haroon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes it will let you 'send' data to it as well as perform any IPS related functions.

You will not be able to install signature updates tough.

Regards

Farrukh

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Farrukh Haroon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes it will let you 'send' data to it as well as perform any IPS related functions.

You will not be able to install signature updates tough.

Regards

Farrukh

You CAN install software updates on a sensor with a license. This will give you a signature pack as of the date of the software update release.

I think rhermes meant "You CAN install software updates on a sensor *without* a license", and yes this is true, this way you can get at least some signature updates. Signature updates are bundled with software upgrades. But the latest signature updates (separate files) cannot be installed, they will be installed and uninstalled after finding out there is no license present.

Regards

Farrukh

mherald
Level 1
Level 1

You can still use your sensor, that is not an issue.

You can install a temporary license and update your sensor. I beleive the license is a temporary 60 day license.

(requires a CCO account)

http://www.cisco.com/go/license

Mike

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: