Views
Helpful
Replies

Recommendation required ASA/ASDM software

nasim_nasri
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Experts,

I am going to have an installation for ASA 5520 with AIP-SSM10.

I will be doing site-to-site VPN, Remote Access VPN and also SSL VPN on ASA.

I want suggestions related to the ASA version. After reading release notes for version 8 i am thinking about version 8.0 but I am not sure about the stability of version 8.0

can someone advice me which ASA version I should go for it.

Thanks a lot in advance

3 Replies 3

edunn
Level 1
Level 1

I have deployed version 8.0(3) on quite a few ASA and PIX devices without any problems. I don't see a clear reason why you shouldn't use version 8 of the code. Just make sure to read the release notes to ensure that there are not any bugs related to your organization's setup.

Actually i am going to the following on the firewall.

1. 10 Site to site VPN from Routers to ASA

2. 10 SSL Vpn connection to ASA

3. 200+ remote access VPN on ASA.

4. INLINE IPS using AIP-SSM-10 on ASA

5. Active Directory integration for remote access VPN and SSL VPN.

6. DHCP pool on ASA.

7. Lot of different kinds of Natting.

Actually I am also looking the advice if anyone setup this kind of scenario or near to this kind. I really don't want to play first and reach to the stable configuration. I am trying to start with the most recommend ASA/ASDM versions.

BTW how did you find ASDM 6.0 for impmentation & also day to day management?.

Thanks

I like the ASDM for installation and management for the ASA/PIX devices. Version 6 has worked well for me. The VPN wizards are helpful in setting up both SSL and IPSec remote access VPNs as well as Site to Site connections. I have setup similiar secenarios for clients in the past, so there isn;t anything really crazy in your list. The biggest thing to do is to make sure that you size the device properly for your needs.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card