Views
Helpful
Replies

voice-vlan problem in DID

zeeshan2007
Level 1
Level 1

Dear sir

i wanted to know that how can i hear voice in my voice vlan. as i m using 2801 voice gateway with PRI (only PSTN connectivity) ,and 3560 switch for voice and data vlan.

My voice gateway IP is 192.168.1.221 and is data Vlan on port 7 as mentioned in attched file.

similarly call manager is also on data vlan and on port 24. and my call manager ip is 192.168.1.54.

my ip phones are in port 3 and port 4 and using static ip address no DHCP server.

Ip phone address are 192.168.2.113 and 192.168.2.118 9 both are in voice vlan)

My problem is when external caller calls on my DID numbers call rings and any external user can easily hear voice, but my internal user is unable to hear any voice of external caller.

this behavior works fine without any data/voice vlan configuration.

i am confuse this shows me a problem with vlan only.

kindly correct me your assistance will be higly appreciated.

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Zeeshan,

Thanks for posting the gateway configuration. You've stated that the problem is that when a call comes in from the PSTN, the internal user is unable to hear the audio of the external caller, while the external caller can hear the internal caller.

The reason is because the gateway does not have a route to the subnet that the internal phones are in. To fix he problem, add the following route in the gateway so that the audio of the external caller may be routed correctly to the phone subnet:

ip route 192.168.2.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.1

Test after making the change and let us know if you still have the issue.

Hope this helps.

Michael.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Michael Owuor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Zeeshan,

What is the default gateway configured on the phones?

Do you mind posting the gateway configuration here?

Thanks,

Michael.

i have define 192.168.2.1 as a gateway on ip phones.

kindly find the attached configuration of my gateway.

Zeeshan,

Thanks for posting the gateway configuration. You've stated that the problem is that when a call comes in from the PSTN, the internal user is unable to hear the audio of the external caller, while the external caller can hear the internal caller.

The reason is because the gateway does not have a route to the subnet that the internal phones are in. To fix he problem, add the following route in the gateway so that the audio of the external caller may be routed correctly to the phone subnet:

ip route 192.168.2.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.1

Test after making the change and let us know if you still have the issue.

Hope this helps.

Michael.

thanks alot dear , i really appreciate your assistance, my problem has resolved i was a same gw issue.

:-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: