cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Traffic/Service configuration for ISG

kphanee80
Level 1
Level 1

Need help in ISG configuration so that the following requirements should be met:

A set of target IP Addresses to be excluded in the traffic defined for a service (access to those IPs should be allowed, only that the traffic should not be qualified under service usage)

Please reply as quickly as possible since I urgently require this information.

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

kphanee80
Level 1
Level 1

To be more clearer on the query posted above, we have two services configured i.e. INTERNET & INTRANET. The question here is how to configure the IP traffic for a particular service i.e either for INTERNET or INTRANET service. To be more specific on the details:

We are using CISCO ISG as a gateway for both INTERNET and INTRANET access. We are having a separate billing server connected with AAA server. We are able to successfully bill the authenticated users when they are accessing the INTERNET service (for both prepaid and postpaid).

But our problem is when a user who is authenticated and is accessing the INTRANET pages, he getting charged for that service and amount is deducted from his/her account. To be precise over the solution required:

- Exclude the charging/billing for the user when he accesses INTRANET service.

- At the same time charge/bill him when he is accessing INTERNET service.

Any suggestions regarding CISCO ISG configuration in this regard for how to achieve the above requirement is highly apppreiciated.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card