Need help debuging

Unanswered Question
Jun 17th, 2008

Hi All,

I have a desktop on the lan that has checkpoint secure remote installed and authenticates against a third party firewall. This was working fine but suddenly it has stopped working. In the monitoring I can see the acl is allowing the connection out. I can not see the firewall dropping it but the firewall on the remote end does not see the client trying to communicate. from the desktop I can telnet to the remote firewall in on the port that the application uses. Im out of ideas can anyone offer me any help?

thanks

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)

If you can telent to the port, than it is open. Does the admin on the remote side see the successful telnet connection? I would also check to make sure that a desktop firewall on the client isn'tblocking the Secure Client communication. Also, it may make sense to reinstall the Secure Remote client and possible install it on a test machine and allow that traffic through your firewall to eliminate the current client machine as the cause of the issue.

agent2007 Tue, 06/17/2008 - 05:18

thanks for the reply. to check there was no ip issue (outside int fwall IP) i created a static nat for a different public IP and it worked. so I asked the guy on the other end to check the rule base and he had a site so site VPN created to the firewall on my side for some unknown reason as it was not configured on this side. issue resolved!!

Actions

This Discussion