Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help debuging

agent2007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a desktop on the lan that has checkpoint secure remote installed and authenticates against a third party firewall. This was working fine but suddenly it has stopped working. In the monitoring I can see the acl is allowing the connection out. I can not see the firewall dropping it but the firewall on the remote end does not see the client trying to communicate. from the desktop I can telnet to the remote firewall in on the port that the application uses. Im out of ideas can anyone offer me any help?

thanks

2 Replies 2

edunn
Level 1
Level 1

If you can telent to the port, than it is open. Does the admin on the remote side see the successful telnet connection? I would also check to make sure that a desktop firewall on the client isn'tblocking the Secure Client communication. Also, it may make sense to reinstall the Secure Remote client and possible install it on a test machine and allow that traffic through your firewall to eliminate the current client machine as the cause of the issue.

thanks for the reply. to check there was no ip issue (outside int fwall IP) i created a static nat for a different public IP and it worked. so I asked the guy on the other end to check the rule base and he had a site so site VPN created to the firewall on my side for some unknown reason as it was not configured on this side. issue resolved!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card