cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can one CUE be used by multiple CME's?

ccpagel
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer who has an existing C2800 with CME and CUE. They are now adding another site to their network and another C2800 with CME, they wish to use the existing CUE as centralised voicemail and IVR for both CME's.

Is this possible? are there are restrictions?

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

10 Replies 10

Hi Cris,

This is what the SRND says -

"A “centralized” Cisco Unity Express model where a single Cisco Unity Express system provides voice mail to IP phones at more than one Cisco CME or Cisco SRST site."

SO what you are trying can not be achieved.

-> Sushil

Actually it seems to me that the SRND says it can be done.

IVR can a different story as if you have lines on both siste, using a centralize system cause the call path not to be optimal.

Hi,

The statement whcih I pasted is under the Section "Unsupported Deployments".

I am currently in a Cisco's training "Integrating Unififed Communications" and crosschecked with the Instructor who says CUE can't be shared with multiple UCMs/CUEs.

-> Sushil

Hey guys,

Just thought I should throw this into the mix. I believe this restriction has been lifted with CUE 3.2;

Sushil, you are correct on the CUE references. Here is the "old" info;

Cisco Unity Express must be installed on each Cisco CME host router. Cisco Unity Express cannot provide voice-mail services across Cisco CME routers.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/integration/unity_exp/configuration/guide/cue_cme1.html

Here is the new info (I don't think CUE 3.2 is out quite yet - but soon I hope);

Q. What are the new features introduced with Cisco Unity Express 3.2?

A. Cisco Unity Express 3.2 introduces the following enhancements:

• Integration with multiple Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express sites: Cisco Unity Express (on NME-CUE only) can integrate with up to 10 Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express remote sites. This solution allows centralized voicemail and Automated-Attendant features for up to 10 sites when voicemail at each remote site branch is not essential and there is a small number of users at each site.

Q. Which releases of Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express will be supported with Cisco Unity Express Release 3.2?

A. Cisco Unity Express **will be supported with Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express Releases 4.0, 4.1, 4.2, and 4.3.

Cisco Unity Express Release Notes

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/prod_release_notes_list.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Excillent!

Thanks Rob.

-> Sushil

Hi Sushil,

You are most welcome my friend :) This seems like a nice change for CME/CUE deployments.

Take care,

Rob

Thanks everyone for your excellent input and quick response.

Chris

Hi,

I did not noticed under which section the paragraph was quoted from.

Have to say that I haven't tried myself, but I see no reason why when configured properly, a CUE can't serve mailboxes to remote users. The way it works, CUE should not distinguish about from which address the request comes in. Of course I can be wrong...

Also note CUE 3.2 is not out yet despite the documentation is released already.

Hi Paolo,

That's my mistake. I didn't mentioned the section.

Apologize for that.

-> Sushil

Here's a link for how it can be done with the current releases:

http://uc500.com/connect-ccme-and-cue-2-different-routers

The post mentions "call-out" DPs for MWI, although I believe one could have the much simpler configuration of "unsolicited notify" to work.

So, it can be done :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: