cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN tunnel between 1800 and Linksys RV042 drops.

jasonhumes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I've got many small sites with Linksys RV042 VPN routers which are doing IPSec VPN back to our main site 1812 router. These VPN tunnels all work great except that I've had to create RTR probes pinging the inside interface of each RV042 to keep the tunnels alive. If any of the RV042 internet feeds drop, the tunnels will not re-establish without manually clearing the crypto on the 1800 router (clear crypto sa) and then they come back up just fine. Has anyone else seen an issue with these RV042 routers? THanks.

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

could you provide the details of the debugs from the cisco router :

you should enter to global configuration mode and collect the debugs:

router>enable

router#debug crypto ipsec

router#debug crypto isakmp

router#clear crypto sa

router#clear crypto isa

router#ping [remote router inside] source [local router inside] than collect the debugs

I've tried to debug the vpn processes, but this router terminates a number of VPN tunnels, so the debug msgs would be hard to follow, and plus, we dont know when the tunnel would drop...sometimes it stays up for days, other times, it is up and down multiple times in a day. THanks for the help.

Jason

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: