cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN and limiting internet access

JHyder000
Level 1
Level 1

I posted this under the SMB as well but wanted to post under the VPN header at the same time.

Hello all, I am very new to VPN's and Firewalls so please forgive me for lack of terminology usage.

I am part of a company that has 20 internal PC's and 25 external sites (Convienient stores) that are all now being placed on a VPN. We purchased a ASA 5510 for the office and we are placing Linksys RV042 routers at the stores. What my question is, is that we have a few stores that need limited internet access because we have Subway restaurants there and they need to download and upload at times. What I dont want is to allow full access to the net because of the chance of outside attacks or viruses.

My question is, what can be done to set the VPN in place but only allow certain access to web addresses that we say is alright to have communication with?

Is this possible and / or what else needs to be purchased?

I thank you in advance for any help you can advise on.

JJ

1 Reply 1

Farrukh Haroon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The problem with the internet is, how do you define this 'certain' addresses. Is this possible for you?

There is an option in VPNs called split tunneling, which has a "Exclude specified" mode, that might help.

Regards\

Farrukh

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card