Helpful
Replies

design change

kre8or2007
Level 1
Level 1

IPCC Enterprise 7.1.5.0, CCM 4.2.3, CVP 3.1

Hello experts,

We are currently running in a "non virtualized environment" and are looking to go into a "virtualized environment" where agents from all call centers can answer any calls. I have tried to send a call over the WAN, and the only way I can get it to work is to use a phone from the outer office to receive calls across the WAN to that same outer office's queue/DNIS.

Any ideas on how to send these over the WAN would be appreciated, I am not sure if this is an IPCC configuration change or a Call Manager change.

6 Replies 6

Riccardo Bua
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

it all depends if you want to look at the signalling or application side.

At the signalling you would need some phisycal circuits to transfer those calls and some protocol to handle the messaging, ISDN, Q931, H323, SIP, etc.

At the application it will depend on which application you are looking to:

1) Are you planning on doing any resource allocation and using H323?(CAC)

Then you might need a Gatekeeper

2) Are you planning on using SIP?

Then you might need an ICT trunk on the call manager, a CUPS to provision some SIP interconnection to handle the transfer

3) On the ICM side you would most likely look at defining a translation route and provide some config

4) On the CVP config you would need to define the parts that would be involved in this transfer

All this tasks require some specific experience and possibly a CVP training or more, I would recommend engaging somebody to assist if you don't have them.

Regards,

Riccardo

Riccardo,

We already have a Gatekeeper at each site running H323.

The calls presently stay in the local gatekeeper for queuing. We are beefing up the WAN circuits in between to allow for the extra call traffic. The local calls transferred across the WAN to that same local phone seems to work, but those same local calls transferred across the WAN to a different site phone doesn't (the phone rings, then get a fast busy)

I have no CVP training, I was hoping I wouldn't have to change anything on that end

Well it is kind of a shot in the dark, but I would make sure you have MTP enabled for the transfer and have enough DSP to perform them.

It might be you have the rest configured, if not, then it might require some config changes and for that you would truly need some CVP assistance.

Regards,

Riccardo

Riccardo,

We do have MTP enabled and enough DSP's for each site.

One more question I guess I have to ask, would TAC take a case such as this (CVP config) or is this all on me to learn?

Hi,

I would recommend a PDI case if you are ATP or CVP certified, otherwise you could try with a TAC case, but there is the expectation that it is not a new deployment like in your case and that the case owner has been attending some initial CVP training which doesn't seem to be your case(basically TAC doesn't do remote new installations, it helps on something specific not working).

Regards,

Riccardo

Riccardo,

Thanks for steering me in the right direction, I appreciate the help. It appears I have a lot of learning to do to make this happen.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: