cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM and AD

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

Is anyone using this integration and why, what advantages are there, what is the drive to AD except the telephone directory is in synch ? With Extension mobility if you use numbers then post AD you have to select the Disable Alphanumeric Login so an EM user can still log in as before. Is adding users via AD the main reason and if so what do you lose on CUCM is all the administration now with AD so the IPT guys lose control many thanks

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

the main advantage is that if you already have your directory populated there is no need to re-create all in the CUCM server

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

chris.fortner
Level 1
Level 1

Another great reason for using this feature is integrated authentication. If your end users use the CCMUser page this would allow them to use their AD credentials to access the system.

I can't seem to find the way to enable Integrated Authentication in 6.1.2. I thought it was a Service or Enterprise parameter, but I can't find it for the life of me.

Any tips?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: