cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE vs CSS

pcoughlin01
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking for information on the ACE 4710 appliance's capability as compared to the CSS product line. I've been using the CSS product for many years in mostly web-hosting environments, and find that 80-90% of the implementations are using the same features. I would like to know if these features are available in the ACE product line, as well as any other general feedback with the ACE regarding things to look out for. A typical CSS design includes the following features:

1) ACA balancing.

2) Arrowpoint cookie for session persistence.

3) HTTP to HTTPS redirection.

4) SSL offload.

5) Persistence remap.

6) HA through VIP and virtual-interface redundancy.

7) DQL for multiple domains using same rule.

8) Destination server NAT'ing

I've read through the ACE config guide and see that most of these are supported on the ACE, and if not, comparable replacement commands are available.

Comments on the availability and use of these features in ACE is greatly appreciated, as are any other comments about ACE behavior vs CSS behavior.

Thanks,

Pat

6 Replies 6

Excellent, thanks. Have you heard about, or run into any features that are supported on CSS but not the ACE? Sounds like the ACE is an easy replacement for the CSS.

Pat

Following are some CSS features not yet supported on ACE Appliance. Some of these features are supported on ACE module

Inband health checking for TCP

DFP

SASP

SSL Sticky (supported on ACE 2.0 module)

IP reverse sticky

SIP LB (supported on ACE 2.0 module)

Source Nat per server farm (supported on ACE 2.0 module)

GSS KAL-AP suuport (supported on ACE 2.0 module)

ACL object groups (supported on ACE 2.0 module)

Syed

Hi,

A couple of those (including KAL-AP) are listed as supported in the latest software release (A1(8)) of the Appliance so probably worth checking specific features if you have concerns.

HTH

Andrew.

Thanks Andrew, I'll check those out.

Thanks Syed, that's very helpful.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: