cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6 to 3.0 upgade

eliaspaulos
Level 1
Level 1

Do I need LMS 2.6 CD to upgrade to 3.o.the current LMS 2.6 CD is missing. if it's needed where I can get from Cisco or from our Cisco vendor.

I'm planning to install 3.0 on new server and once the new up and running to retired the old server.I want smooth transition at least the old one running side by side for couple of weeks. any suggestion from experience!! thank you in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sure. If you install LMS 3.0 on a new server, then the existing LMS 2.6 server can continue to operate. You can even make the 2.6 server a DCR slave to the new 3.0 server.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

LMS 3.0 is a new product, and you will not require any previous CDs or running installation to install it.

The best thing to do is to install LMS 3.0 on a clean server, then use the included wrapper.pl script to take a backup of your LMS 2.6 data, and restore that data to the LMS 3.0 server. All of this is documented in the LMS 3.0 installation guide.

thanks J. a quick question. can I keep the current LMS 2.6 as backup...let say one day the new server dead!!! I'm always worry with the current server. if the server dead now. we don't have any backup. we should wait until the new one built. what is your suggestion for fault tolerant for LMS.

Sure. If you install LMS 3.0 on a new server, then the existing LMS 2.6 server can continue to operate. You can even make the 2.6 server a DCR slave to the new 3.0 server.

awesome!!! thank you Sir!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: