New to the Cisco world

Unanswered Question
Jun 17th, 2008

Please help me understand something. CCENT is a new certification? The test requirement is ICND1? And CCENT/ICND1 and ICND2 make the CCNA? I ask because I was interested in taking the two test path but I didnt want to take that route and be just half certified. You know kind of half way to nowhere type deal. Is there a time limit between exams before I can take the second test. How long does the ICND1 last?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
jrensink78 Tue, 06/17/2008 - 12:29

You are correct that ICND1 gives you a CCENT. Passing both the ICND1 and 2 tests earns you your CCNA. You can also take a single composite test and go right to the CCNA and skip the CCENT.

The ICND1 test is valid for 3 years. So you would need to pass the ICND2 within 3 years of passing the ICND1 to avoid having to retake it.

cyphur353 Mon, 06/23/2008 - 04:32

A word of advice from someone who took their CCNA with no real world experience: If are a decent way through your studies, and find yourself confident in your knowledge and abilities after doing some lab work, I would strongly consider taking the full CCNA exam at once. It saves time, it saves money, and honestly is a quicker means to the same end. You will still learn the same materials if you are honest with yourself and your study habits.

Best of luck, whichever path you take!

This Discussion