cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUOM not sending email notifications

Kevin Frazer
Level 1
Level 1

I have CUOM version 2.0 and I'm trying to set up email notifications to send the PDF files generated under phone audits. Can anyone tell me how to set this up properly. I have the SMTP server credential entered and a valid email address. These emails are sent to an internal email address and the CUOM was added to the allowed list on the SMTP server.

3 Replies 3

Tim Smith
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Is there a firewall in between your CUOM and mail server? Test that you can actually telnet from the CUOM to the mail server on port 25.

If you can telnet, then try and send a message using the same credentials and address etc configured in CUOM. You can do this from a telnet session.

If your not sure on how to do that, you can use Outlook express, and configure and account with an SMTP server to test and make sure CUOM server can actually send a mail through your SMTP relay.

Cheers,

Tim

Tim Smith
Level 4
Level 4

Sorry should add, I have done this in CUOM 2.0 and 2.0(1) and we didnt have any probs, so thats why I suggest check the basics with the SMTP first.

Cheers,

Tim

I actually got it working yesterday. The problem was within the SMTP server to where the CUOM was not on the allowed list of servers. Thank you for the insight though.:)