cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAC VLAN Assignment

kwillacey
Level 3
Level 3

If I had a in band solution for wireless and an out of band solution for wired, would it be possible to assign the same vlan for both in/out of band?

For example if I had an employee group that has access to both wired and wireless if an employee were to log on to either could they be assigned to the same employee vlan?

It sounds like it could be possible but I can't find anything that can tell me it can work. Help please, thanks.

4 Replies 4

trevora
Level 1
Level 1

Theoretically this should be possible however you would need 2 CAS appliances as the CAS can only be either IB or OOB but not both at the same time.

Yes that would be the case, any resources that can help?

I've not come across any documentation that defines this scenario, but I would just configure 2 CAS's (1xIB & 1xOOB) and follow the config guide for each deployment type.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/nac/appliance/configuration_guide/413/cam/413_cam_book.html

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the link but I must admit I have only worked mostly with out-of-band. Are there any guides that focus on in-band?

Any thoughts on issues that may arise from such a configuration?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card