Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call forward all -- with after-hours block pattern applied

Does any of you know if it is possible to set a phone to do cfw-all when it has been set after-hour exempt on it and the "after-hours block pattern" has been set.

I carried out some tests, and my conclusion is that is not possible.

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Filberto,

You are most correct :) This is not possible due to the fact that a PIN cannot be entered in the Call Forward All string.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

Thanks so much for your comments.

What about the fact that "after-hour exempt"

is set on the phones,also in those phones is not possible.

Is there any document that says something about this restriction?

Hi Filberto,

My apologies :( I did not pay attention to the "After Hours Exempt" config. This should work. Have you tested the CFWD - All during the non-blocking hours just to verify the issue?

Let us know,

Rob

Hi Rob,

I have carried out this test in two diferent CME (4.0 and 4.1) the result is the same. CFWD works fine just in non-blocking hours.

When blocking hours is active it does not work CFWD despite "after-hours exempt" has been set in those phones.

I supposed this option should work, but It did not.

any suggestion so that CFWD works in those phones with "after hours exempt"?

regards

Hi Filberto,

I had another thought here. After-Hours Exempt only applies to calls that Originate from the specified IP Phone and of course these Call Forward All calls do not. Here is a clip. You will need to look at this from another angle to exempt the Outgoing configs.

In Cisco CME 3.4 and later, call-blocking configuration applies to all SCCP, H.323, SIP and POTS calls that go through the Cisco Unified CME router. All incoming calls to the router, except calls from an exempt phone, are also checked against the after-hours configuration.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeblock.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: