Views
Helpful
Replies

First Character on Call Display Appearing as a Block

vcomcisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've currently upgraded my phone system from version 4.1(3) to 6.1. The upgrade went successfully, however I have noticed one issue since the upgrade. Whenever a user with a Cisco 7940 phone receives a call, the first character on the caller ID appears as a black block instead of an alphanumeric character. Does anyone have any idea what would be causing this? Thanks.

Brad

5 Replies 5

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Brad,

Is this happening on just one phone, or all of them

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

It is happening on all of the 7940 phones. However I am using a 7912 phone, and this phone is unaffected.

Brad

chris.fortner
Level 1
Level 1

I am going to guess that you are using some type of T1 integration using the DMS protocol to the PSTN or to another PBX? The first character in this protocol is garbage. There is a checkbox on the gateway to discard this first digit which will fix this issue!

Hey Chris,

We currently have a PRI line that is coming in and running into our voice gateway. I logged into the CCM and when I looked at the gateway, there wasn't any checkbox to disregard this character. Where in the UCM is the checkbox located? Thanks.

Brad

there was a discussion just a couple of weeks ago, here are the steps other netpro gave:

first letter missing in incoming caller name display

1. Change the switch-type in the IOS gateway to Primary-dms100

2. Change the switch-type in gateway's configuration in the CallManager configuration to primary-dms100

3. Ensure that the option 'Send Extra Leading Character in Display IE' is checked in the gateway's configuration in CallManager.

4. Test inbound calls for correct caller name

you may also search on previous posts using the search option within NetPro, usually someone already asked the same

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: