Views
Helpful
Replies

Meetme Conference

Chuan Liu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi NetPro,

I am setting up Meetme Conference on CME 4.1. I am following the doc and come under (config-dspfarm-profile)#mode. When I issue the command 'max session ?', the only option is '0-0', which means I can not 'no shut' this profile. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

conferencing claims the whole DSP for the purpose, a pdvdm-16 only has one DSP and 2 channels are already being used, that is not the WHOLE DSP for conferencing so you cannot configure that. that's why you get the max sessions 0-0, you can configure MTP or XCODING with the rest of the channels but for conferencing you need to add at least another pvdm-16 or change the one you have for a pvdm-32

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Do you have enough dsp resources in this router ?

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

I have a 16 channel PVDM. Only 5 phones controlled by this cme. PSTN connection is via SIP trunk to another router. I am not sure if this resource can be shared by conference.

thanks.

chris.fortner
Level 1
Level 1

It is due to the fact that there are no DSP resources available for the dspfarm or the dspfarm is not enabled. You can try and issues the following under your voice-card 0 (could be any number):

voice-card 0

dsp services dspfarm

dspfarm

If this does not help can you post a "show diag" of the gateway?

Also, you do not have to have conferencing resources on a gateway in order to have meet me conferencing. The CallManagers themselves have some resources for conferencing but if you are scaling above the recommended resources for your server type then you will need external DSP resources.

Thanks for the quick reponse.

Attached is the 'show diag'

You have a 16 channel pvdm in the router and are only using 2 of those channels with the 2 port FXS module. Did you issue the commands I posted earlier?

Hi Chris,

Yes, I have the following:

voice-card 0

dspfarm

dsp services dspfarm

!

Hi,

I tried with my other 3 CME routers, I got the same situation: dspfarm profile cannot be enabled because I cannot 'no shut' the profile. The error message is "Please configure the maximum sessions for this profile and retry". When I tried 'max session' command, '0-0' is the only option. Here is my configuration up to the problem point:

================

voice-card 0

dsp services dspfarm

dspfarm

!

!

voice class custom-cptone jointone

dualtone conference

frequency 600 900

cadence 300 150 300 100 300 50

!

!

voice class custom-cptone leavetone

dualtone conference

frequency 300 450

cadence 300 150 300 100 300 50

!

!

sccp local FastEthernet0/1.5

sccp ccm 10.128.1.254 identifier 100 version 4.1

sccp

!

sccp ccm group 1

bind interface FastEthernet0/1.5

associate ccm 100 priority 1

associate profile 1 register conference

!

dspfarm profile 1 conference

codec g711ulaw

codec g711alaw

codec g729ar8

codec g729abr8

codec g729r8

codec g729br8

maximum conference-participants 16

maximum sessions ?

====================

Are there any features that I need to turn on to configure Meetme?

Thanks.

conferencing claims the whole DSP for the purpose, a pdvdm-16 only has one DSP and 2 channels are already being used, that is not the WHOLE DSP for conferencing so you cannot configure that. that's why you get the max sessions 0-0, you can configure MTP or XCODING with the rest of the channels but for conferencing you need to add at least another pvdm-16 or change the one you have for a pvdm-32

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Thanks Javalenc. This is really helpful. I will try to install another pvdm.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: