cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LAP1231G to Autonomous mode

roshan.maskey
Level 1
Level 1

I followed instruction from cisco web site to change LAP1231G to autonomous mode without controller. I get follwing error message when AP tries to connect local tftp server.

image_recovery: Download default IOS tar image tftp://255.255.255.255/c1200-k9w7-tar.default

examining image...tftp://255.255.255.255/c1200-k9w7-tar.default: permission denied

ERROR: Failed to open archive file tftp://255.255.255.255/c1200-k9w7-tar.default

Loading "flash:/c1200-rcvk9w8-mx/c1200-rcvk9w8-mx"

I checked permission and with tftp server on linux windows. Still get the same error msg.

Thanks for Help in Advance

4 Replies 4

Scott Pickles
Level 4
Level 4

Are you sure about your AP model? I was not aware that the 1231 shipped in LAP mode? Or did you convert it to LWAPP and now you want to go back to autonomous? Also, I have found that if you rename the default tar file at all, it won't work. Is the word 'default' supposed to be appended to the end of the tar file?

Regards,

Scott

Yes, My AP model is AIR-LAP1231G.

I have figured out the error and have resolved it. The issue was with renaming the file. I renamed using windows rename (F2) that appended .tar extension after default (c1200-k9m7-tar.default.tar) later I renamed using CLI then it worked fine.

small thing gave big trouble

Thanks scott

It's always the little things that get ya.

That's why I have a separate file folder called "Gotcha".

Regards,

Scott

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: