cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE A2 1.x Software

tony.varriale
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have any recommendations on going to A2 1.x instead of sticking with 6.3b? Any environment details that can be shared would be appreciated.

I'm looking at 100mbps-200mbps of web traffic on a set 720-10Gs.

6 Replies 6

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You want to migrate to A2.1.x sooner or later because there will be no more A1.6 version.

However, if you are currently stable with your version and don't need any of the new features in A2, you can delay the upgrade and take time to test the new version in your lab.

Gilles.

Thanks. I was hoping to get a feel for the experiences with the latter code in the RL.

I am kind of in the same situation. I am thinking of upgrading to A2(1.1) and wondered if anyone is using this already in Production, any gotcha's when upgrading, etc.

I will upgrade my Q&A Systems ACE to 2.1 tomorrow. Production System ACE is already running 2.0.

Roble

How is 2.0 treating you? What's your environment?

We are running a load balanced SAP Enterprise Portal environment.

The production ACE is in routed mode behind a FWSM in routed mode. Since the upgrade from 1.6 to 2.0 i had no issues at all. The 2.0 release seems to run very stable so far. From my experience with the ACE Software starting at Release 1.3 i think this is the best and most solid Release so far. But it always depends on the features you use.

From a Networkers point of view i can recommend it.

Roble