cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Router 800 series support loadBaland and failover ?

rechard_david
Level 1
Level 1

dear All,

Could you let me know please!!!

I would like to know on Router 800 series can support loadbalance and failover or not?

Best

3 Replies 3

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi David

what kinda load balance and failover you are looking at ?

can you be more specific about the requirement you have out there in your network ?

regds

dear Spemkumar,

Thanks you for your question.

i would like to know this product can suppport load banland and failover or not?

Load Balance ( i mean i have 2 ISP and the both ISP share 50%) and failover ( i mean i have 2 ISP and ISP1 active and ISP2 Backup whne the ISP1 down, ISP2 will be up automatic)

Best Regards,

Rechard

hi david

if you are looking at load balance with routing protocols such BGP then i dont think 800 series will be able to do that.

But as far as redundancy/failover is concerned with 2 ISP and with NAT options you can do with 800 series routers.

With normal NAT and 2 ISPs i dont think you will be able to get the desired result of load balancing.

But i think you can segment your local lan network and do a policy based NAT which can take care of your loadbalancing (one segment of your lan using ISP1 and the other segment using ISP2).

regds

regds

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card