cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

block all internet access, except for an allowed list of web sites at Certa

mzhecisco
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking for a router to block all internet access, except for an allowed list of web sites at Certain time (say 8 - 10 AM), to a range of computers. Which router will allow me to do that?

4 Replies 4

n.nandrekar
Level 4
Level 4

hi!

For this you would require support for Time based ACL and NBAR. These features together are supported on a whole range of cisco products in all price ranges. It is supported on 1700,1800,2600,3600,3700,7200,7600,6500 ... just to name a few.

You can check additional info on the supported platforms using the feature navigator of cisco and searting by feature :

http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/jsp/index.jsp

Regards,

Niranjan

(pls rate helpful posts)

Thank you for reply. Do you have any more detail? If I create a time-based ACL, how do I linked that to the list of web sites I want to un-block during time when all other sites are blocked?

Thanks,

Michael

foxbatreco
Level 3
Level 3

Even lower end routers do permit configuring time based access.The lowest i have tried on is an old now renegade UBR924 cable router.

Pls create an acl and append it with the keyword pointing to the time range definition.

mzhecisco
Level 1
Level 1

How about ASA 5000, Advanced Security Appliance?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card