cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS - NAT between CM and WAE

d.gabo
Level 1
Level 1

Seem to have a problem with nat/firewall between CM and WAE. Configuration commands issues via CM GUI do not make it to the WAE (checked via CLI).

I configured the NATed IP address ofor the WAE in device activation screen NAT section. I am running WAAS 4.0.19.b14.

Any ideas please?

Thanks

DG

5 Replies 5

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7

DG,

Is the WAE status Online in the CM?

Zach

d.gabo
Level 1
Level 1

Zach,

The WAE s had registered successfully wit the CM and its status is on line. It looks lie CM does not recognise the NAT entry for the to communicate with it using its real address, which i assume is derived from the registration.

Configuration snapshots are in the file attached. The device behind FW/NAT is 172.21.227.205

Looks like the CM tries to push the change using the WAEs real IP address, which fails. However, in my lab, the configuration change is picked up by the WAE on the 5 minute refresh cycle (when the WAE contacts the CM).

Are you not seeing the configuration change update after 5-10 minutes?

Zach

d.gabo
Level 1
Level 1

Zach,

I may have been too impatient, expecting an instant push of config changes from CM to WAE. The CM already has the NATed address of WAE and I would have thought should not rely on refresh cycle to pick it up. I did not realise that WAE pulls configs from CM.

I'll give it a try.

Thanks

DG,

Can you uncheck the 'Use WAE's primary IP Address' box and retest?

Thanks,

Zach