Views
Helpful
Replies

ISDN Issue - 2621XM with WIC-1B-S/T-V3

yathis1899
Level 1
Level 1

Issue:

Tried to configure WIC-1B-S/T-V3 on Cisco 2621XM but ISDN connection couldn't be established. Show ISDN status shows

"Layer 1 not active". But whenever a WIC-1B-S/T card is used the ISDN connection was sucessful. Cisco document says

the WIC-1B-S/T-V3 can be used If IOS 12.3(10) is used. We are curently running c2600-i-mz.123-26 ios and the issue still there.

Anyone who had experienced this before,Please assist in resolving this issue.

18 Replies 18

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

hi

are you trying to use 1B-S/T on the same box where you are trying 1B-S/T-V3 card ?

have you checked the config for both the cards ?

can you post out the config here ?

regds

Hi,

Yes, we use 1B-ST in the same router just to make sure the problem is not at ISDN link (Provider Issue). In this case the customer has 1B-S/T-V3 and they want it to be configured in the 2621XM router. Cisco document says it supported on 2600XM series routers and only pre-requisute is the IOS must be ver 12.3(10) and above. But based on our actual test, 1B-S/T-V3 card seems like not compatible with 2621Xm router...

Whenever a test call was initiated using 1B-S/T bri card (#isdn test call int bri0/0 0123476577) the call was sucessfull. But whenever a test call was initiated using IB-S/T-V3, the call failed to connect.

The ISDN config as follows:

!

interface BRI0/0

ip address 192.168.253.2 255.255.255.252

encapsulation ppp

dialer idle-timeout 60

dialer map ip 192.168.253.1 name MXXX 378611430

dialer-group 1

isdn switch-type basic-net3

isdn point-to-point-setup

no fair-queue

ppp authentication chap

ppp multilink

Hi,

IP is the feature set you are using.

You may try with other feature set like ENTERPRISE BASIC

c2600-j1s3-mz.123-12e.bin

Hope this helps

Regards

Pravin

Giping from "IP base" to other feature set will not change anything.

To debug BRI, first have test the NT1 with an ISDN phone. Once it's succesful, you can move on with the "debug bri" commands, etc.

we have tested the ISDN line and confirmed working as when we connect the line from another router and test call out, it works....

As i Said earlier posts, whenever i test the connection using WIC-1B-S/T card, the ISDN call could establish and when using WIC-1B-S/T-V3 the router reports Layer 1 DEACTIVATED.

Hi,

Correct me if i am wrong.

You mean to say when you connect the card WIC-1B-S/T-V3 to another router it works fine ?

In this case try to use a diffrent slot for the card.

Also you can check the ios running on the router which this card is working.

Gone throgh this kinda problem most of the time it was for the ios verison and feature set change which helped but this is the first time i am seeing this problem for 2600.

Regards,

Pravin

Hi Pravin,

Below are my answers for ur questions

1.) You mean to say when you connect the card WIC-1B-S/T-V3 to another router it works fine

- We have tried the card on 2800 series router and it works fine. BTW we have 2 cards and tried both cards in the 2600XM router but the result was no to avail.

2.) In this case try to use a diffrent slot for the card.

- Already tried but the issue still remain.

3.) Also you can check the ios running on the router which this card is working

- I tried the Card on 2800 router and installed a similar version of IOS to 2600XM but this doesn't resolve the issue.

Thank and regards,

I suggest you upgrade to 12.4(3j) and report again.

Hi Poala,

Correct me if i am wrong but there is no release of 12.4 for 2600 XM.

12.3(26) is the latest.

Regards,

Pravin

Actually there are all the varieties of 12.4 available for the 2600XM.

You might be referring to the non-XM model.

Hi,

Sorry but i got it checked and its available for 2600XM

Regards,

Pravin

Going to try this later...

Hi Yatish,

Can you paste the show diag output once you install this v3 module on your router.

Also did you tried using 12.3(10) release.

It might be a faulty card as well. Why don't you try it on some other router.

-> Sushil

Hi Sushil,

Thanks for your inputs.

I'm going to try all this today and would update the result later.

Thanks and regards,

Yathis.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card