WLC 4404 Anchor mobility

Unanswered Question
Jun 17th, 2008

Hi,

i've 2 wlc lan controller 4404

1 wlc is in the DMZ area. On This controller i've configured the SSID named TEST (for the internet), that is connected at the cisco switch (id vlan 120)

If i try connect and work very well.

i must use this SSID over DMZ , in the other WLC in the other LAN SEGMENT.

I configured the anchor mobility.

i following the explain that i find on cisco. I don't understand if i must create che vlan also in the other LAN Segment.

I had configured this:

I created on the remote wlc the SSID TEST (= at the WLC in the DMZ)

I created the vlan 120 on the remote switch , and also i created this vlan in the remote WLC. In the Wlan SSID TEST i set the interface TEST(vlan120)

After this step, I created the anchor mobility (that is up) in the DMZ site and in the Remote site.

If i connected my pc on the SSID TEST in the remote wlc , the connection don't work.

is ok my configuration or i don't understand how to configure the anchor feature?

thanks for your help

fcostalunga

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Scott Fella Wed, 06/18/2008 - 15:12

Take a look at this doc. You have to have the guest ssid configured the same for the foreign (inside) and anchor controller. The only difference is that you have to map the ssid to the management interface on both controllers. This is where the tunnel is created from. Ports have to be opened up on the dmz for the foreign and anchor controller to communicate:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/technology/guest_access/technical/reference/4.1/GAccess_41.html

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics: Other Wireless Mobility

client could not be authenticated
Network Analysis Module (NAM) Products
Cisco 6500 nam
reason 440 driver failure
Cisco password cracker
Cisco Wireless mode